How To Stay Safe While Online !
- Be wary of deals that seem too good to be true.
- Be careful when giving out personal information, such as your phone number or address.
- Make sure to meet in a public place for exchanges.
- Check the seller’s reputation and read reviews before making a purchase.
- Be cautious when paying for items with cash, cashiers check or wire transfer, these are the common method used by scammers.
- Use a payment method that offers buyer protection, such as a credit card or PayPal.
- Do your research on the item you are buying to ensure that you are getting a fair price.
- Be aware of the terms and conditions of the classified site you are using.
- Be aware of the local laws and regulations related to buying and selling online.
- Trust your instincts and if something seems off or suspicious, don’t proceed with the transaction.
- If you are scheduled for an interview, please ensure that you know as much information about the job, location and company but most of all know information about the interviewer.