Yaddaa Connect Corp.
Bookkeeper/Executive Administrative Assistant Role for Black Community Initiatives (Hybrid)
16-month full time contract position plus health and dental benefits with possibility of extension
Our Client helps gifted, underrepresented, underserved, and underemployed artists of African descent apply their artistic talents to enhance their financial security and provide better lives for themselves, their communities, and their families. They do this by bringing needed attention to their creative talents so customers and the public may support diverse artworks by Black artists.
Our are developing an eCommerce platform, a public arts project and a business training program. We are in search of a Bookkeeper/ Executive Administrative Assistant to assist our client through this stage of growth. This would be a hybrid work opportunity that includes work from the office and work from home. This work opportunity also includes an attractive benefits package.
The Bookkeeper/ Executive Admin Assistant supports the Executive Director in managing all facets of our client’s operations including administrative policies & Finances. This is a key-role supporting the Executive Director and the Board of Directors and will require a detail-oriented and tactical individual capable of supporting organization-wide planning, development, and communication activities, as needed. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, with previous experience in bookkeeping, administrative assistant duties and strong computer skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Generate financial reports and help process payroll
● Provide Administrative support to CEO by taking minutes, booking meetings, drafting and revising reports as well as grant applications
● Complete bookkeeping and full cycle accounting (including financial statement prep) Assist in the completion of tax returns (corporate)
● Support inputting of payroll for staff and provide them with details
● Manage accounts receivable/payable and tracking outstanding payments; match receipts/invoices to expenses
● Recording transactions, preparing financial documents/reports, etc.
● Complete bank and other account reconciliations
● Develop monthly financial statements, monitor budgets and assign expenses to respective budgets, forecast expenses, including cash flow, profit & loss statements, and balance sheets. Communicate with other team members to obtain required documentation and financial information
● Social Media post scheduling and uploading of content, updating content to corporate website Provide Financial and Reporting Information to Stakeholders:
● Create Purchase Orders, invoices and order materials
● Enter bills/invoices in the system and keep track of payment dates
● Complete reporting documentation for funders and address funder deliverables in a timely fashion
Skills & Education for bookkeeper/Admin Assistant:
● Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Business Administration or related field. Equivalent professional experience will also be considered.
● 5 years’ experience as a full charge bookkeeper including experience with payroll processing ●*You self-identify as Black or Black bilingual (French-English)*
● Team player with superior interpersonal skills with staff, clients, and stakeholders ● Candidates with CPB designation will be given priority
● Strong writing, note-taking and verbal communication skills
● Highly experienced in providing presentations
● Advanced in applied knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Online and Desktop ● Strong in math, accounting, and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles ● Proficient with your keyboard and data entry skills, with strict attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication. Technologically savvy.
● Highly alert and structured thought process and demonstrates problem-solving skills. ● Exceptionally organized, with excellent time management and analytical skills. ● Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting processes with QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Suite.
● Service and teamwork focused, driven to improve efficiencies.
● Innovative and focused on learning and self-improvement.
●Flexible and able to multitask and complete tasks with minimal or no supervision Technical requirements:
● Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, and SharePoint)
● Google Suite and Google Workspace
● Slack and/or Discord experience is an asset
● Mailchimp and Eventbrite proficiency
● Experienced with utilizing major social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Meta Business Suite
● Typing 65 words per minute considered an asset
Pls note: Hybrid work opportunity includes work from home and work in the office work days.
Tagged as: accounting, assistant
What You’ll Be Doing: Provide comprehensive financial metrics and forecasts to program managers, finance department, and senior staff while maintaining...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (Banking and Finance) Job Type: One-year contract with possibility of extension Location: [Toronto, Vancouver, Miami]...Apply For This Job
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POSITION Job Description: Executive Assistant (Not-for-Profit Organization) Position Overview: We are seeking an experienced...Apply For This Job
This position will be responsible for developing plans, analyzing financial results, completing special projects, and producing weekly/monthly reporting relating to...Apply For This Job